We have a really great farmer’s market in Canterbury so finding 10 things isn’t hard.
1. Jonny Sandwich. This guy is a perfectionist and he makes the most delicious sandwiches I’ve ever eaten. It is quite a wait but definitely worth it.
2. Patrick’s Kitchen. Patrick makes amazing flaky sausage rolls with meat from the Farmer’s Market and the most delicious lemon tarts. Note: these go well with Jonny’s Sandwiches.
3. The rustic look of the cafe. The farmer’s market is inside a railway shed so it gets cold in there. All of the tables in the restaurant/cafe have blankets draped over them for when the nights are colder.
4. The Larder. Another amazing stall with handmade preserves, liqueurs etc. The orangettes, candied orange peel dipped in dark chocolate, are delicious as is the handmade rum and raisin fudge.
5. The locomotive engine. It is vastly impressive to look at.
6. Fresh vegetables, organically grown. There are a couple of suppliers and their veg has amazing flavour.
7. Plants. There are always great plants on sale.
8. Enzo’s Bakery. Enzo makes amazing arancini (risotto balls) – they are large egg-shaped ones filled with bolognese sauce. You can also get fabulous Italian cakes and cannoli.
9. Proximity to the fast train. I’ve collected hungry visitors and been able to take them for a really great sandwich or coffee right off the train.
10. Temporary stalls. At weekends, they have different stalls in. pao bought me two very beautiful scarves and a load of gorgeous pottery from there.