I was tagged by the talented and wonderful Bellamoden quite some time ago but here they are:)
1. If I had a choice of savoury or sweet, savoury would win every time. My favourite snack is Bugles which they do not sell in the UK. pao and I went into many shops including in St Paul which is a twin of Minneapolis where the back of the pack professes to be the home of the Bugle distributor. After almost ten whole days in the US, we found a pack in a Boston supermarket. I knew that pao was breathing a sigh of relief at that point because we had hunted many stores at that point for the elusive Bugle. (He did manage to placate me with some Cheetos but they really aren’t quite in the Bugle league.) I lovingly carried back a precious pack of Bugles in my carry on luggage for consumption at some point before the expiry date or I may have already eaten them… Oh, and for the record, they have to be Original flavoured.
2. Hmm, looks like I might have to take a trip to China because Bugles have a Chinese fun club. Perhaps my love of Bugles is genetic. I am half-Chinese after all. It always catches people because they can’t make it out. I was asked if I was Russian once. Niet!
3. I completely chickened out of joining the village Women’s Institute after watching the members entering the hall through the upstairs window one evening. I suppose I was a little nervous when the organiser woman said I sounded a lot younger than she had expected.
4. I still haven’t heard the monkeys which pao and foo reckoned they heard when they were in the garden when we came round to look at the house the second time. (We have a zoo not far away.) HP6 is surprisingly quiet 🙂
5. I love shellfish but shellfish does not love me. I have to seriously ration myself when we go to seafood restaurants these days. I used to be able to eat lots of lovely lobster but I can’t anymore 🙁
6. I love watching the Wizard of Oz at Christmas time. It has to be at Christmas time as it isn’t right at any time of the year. It is one of my earliest memories of my childhood Christmasses.
7. I miss snow. The last time I remember us having any decent proper snow for more than a couple of days at a time was when I was a kid. No one complained about it and we all just seemed to get on with whatever we were doing despite the snow.
8. I love having afternoon tea – properly with a tea pot and proper china cups 🙂 I think we have about 3 or 4 different tea sets – just two china sets though.
Want to play? Ok, I tag you!