I’ve been a little tied up with little Mr Sirius of late and my new WI etc that I’ve totally neglected my poor blog. I have been taking some great photos in the spring sunshine though.
1. Stone in the Peace Pavement in the Dane John Gardens.
2. Delicious treacle tarts from Mama Feelgoods
3. The Dane John Gardens in the sunshine.
4. Canterbury city walls with the beautiful daffodils.
5. and 6. Cycling along Deal sea front.
8. and 9. Countryside in Ripple.
Sirius update: Well the vet says his bladder is better than he expected but he isn’t going well with the special food or antibiotics they gave him. I am hoping that after a few days of not having much to eat that he will start to eat more than a few mouthfuls of food. I’ve even tried coating it in Whiskas but he is still studiously avoiding it. Silly moggie!!
Sirius was acting a bit strangely and was crying when we picked him up this morning. I took him to the vet’s office and they diagnosed a bladder stone. I am reeling slightly as the vet took him straight in for emergency surgery and was told that we were very lucky as he could have died if we had not noticed and left it. He’s home, stoned, and as Louise would put it ‘busy’ and also has the munchies! Please send healing thoughts his way as he has some recuperating to do.
1. Detail from a stone carving I found.
2. Daffodils for Jeanne. We know how much she loves to see our flowers.
3. Interesting sculpture that looks like balls of wool.
4. Anglo-Indian curry. We visited Leonora’s Kitchen with our WI committee to try her out. It was very spicy but very tasty!
5. Leonora’s Kitchen famous almond and walnut brownie. This is by far the most tasty brownie that I’ve ever eaten.
6. Red berries.
7. I had fun arranging these three mini-arrangements.
8. Socks in progress. I’ve found matching them up a little difficult this time.
9. Weaver’s bridge in Canterbury – the water has gone down quite a bit since I last photographed it.
10. Padlocks on the Weaver’s bridge. Like the famous Pont des Arts ‘Love Lock’ bridge in Paris – people seem to be starting to do this in Canterbury.
Hello! I’ve been laptop-less for over a week so I’ve been using pao’s which doesn’t have all the photo editing stuff on it that I normally use.
1. pao’s full English Breakfast at Kitch. I had the full veggie breakfast and it was delicious.
2. I’ve been madly making brooches in preparation for the shows I’m involved in this month and then in April and May.
3. A very friendly cat who I met on my travels.
4. Detail of a stone in the poetry garden of the Cathedral.
5. Pink hellebores.
6. Newly restored stone at the Cathedral.
7. Made in Whitstable Show table. My friend Tracie’s face plates look incredible.
8. New jewellery designs. I’ve been looking at different colours.
9. Cat in a box.
10. I spent a very long time tidying the house over the weekend and finally got to put my beautiful birthday present in pride of place 🙂