I did start a sewing project with my lovely friend Jan tonight. It is my first foray into blouses and we were a bit confused. It didn’t help that Sirius kept leaping onto the pattern. I’m now thinking that printable patterns are going to be the way forward.
It has been a topsy turvy few weeks in our household. We have acquired a lovely new lodger who Sirius adores (traitor) and have been preparing ourselves for another to arrive. It has been a whirlwind of painting etc and my study/sewing/knitting store is chockablock with stuff that needs sorting out. I’ve been doing a few jobs all at the same time so my blog reading/writing has been fairly minimal whilst all this has been going on but finally things seem to be settling and I’m getting back into a groove now!!
I only knew her a short couple of weeks whilst housesitting but she charmed her way into our hearts. I came home feeling a little low as pao hasn’t been well of late to hear the sad news that Fifi had been hit by a car. She was adorable and such a sweetie and the house will seem a lot quieter without her. I’m holding her lovely family in my thoughts and prayer tonight.
As heard on Purr and Furr : “‘Laptop’, who held the prestigious post of Canterbury Cathedral cat for several years. He usually attended Matins each day (well, he was a cathedral cat …) and would wait patiently each day for the doors to be opened at 7 a.m. so he could go in. Yesterday he had trouble climbing up the steps, and later in the day he was taken ill and died. ”
So sad to know my little friend has passed away. I’ve spent many a happy hour stroking her (not he as they suggest) and sitting with her in the sunshine. I was so glad to introduce her to friends when they came to visit but she hasn’t looked so well lately.
(they were a given)
3. My vacuum cleaner – I have a vacuum cleaner with a brush which is great and I have been known to take it to clean the house I’m looking after
4. Blankets – I get chilly and like to lounge around under a blanket or light duvet. I have been known to take one with me occasionally. 🙂
5. My garden. A bit untidy at the moment but I love going out and doing bits of gardening when it is dry.
6. Getting mail. I love receiving mail.
7. My bed. We have a very firm mattress and I do miss that when I’m away.
8. My stick blender. It has such a lot of attachments and can do so many things.
9. My favourite mugs. I have a few of them now but my favourite mugs are made by an artist called Keith Brymer Jones. I have been known to take one with me if I’m going away for a while.
10. My yarn stash. I like to look at my lovely stash from time to time and have a smoosh. 🙂